Brainshark is an on-demand presentation delivery system. It allows for greater interaction with and tracking of viewers than any other playback system I know of. Brainshark doesn’t attempt to do live web collaboration between presenters and attendees, so they are looking to see if they can create additional synergies with the web conferencing industry.
Irwin Hipsman, the Director of Customer Experience at Brainshark, asked if I would assist him in reaching out to vendors in our space. He wants to run an experiment, loading your recorded meeting content into a Brainshark on-demand presentation. He will tot up the results and give a report on success rates through my blog.
The value for you as a vendor is that it may give you another option for supporting your customers’ advanced on-demand playback needs. If they can take a meeting recording and play it back through Brainshark, it could give them the flexibility to add cumulative polling, include branching between recordings, add wrapper information at the beginning or end, distribute documents, allow email communications, track detailed viewing statistics, or allow viewing in multiple playback formats.
To participate, please follow these instructions:
- Record about 15 seconds of your company’s web page inside a web meeting (this will help keep clear who we’re looking at and gives you some branding). Maybe include an additional 15-30 seconds of other content such as slides or whiteboards. Please keep the total recording under one minute so the test doesn’t mushroom out of proportion.
- Check to see if your recording format is supported by Brainshark. Irwin has posted the list of 136 video formats that Brainshark can handle at http://www.brainshark.com/irwin/video
- If you have the ability to create multiple playback formats, send them all.
- If you have a proprietary recording format and can convert it to one of the 136 supported formats, send the converted recording along with a short explanation of the conversion process.
- Email your recordings, questions, or comments directly to Irwin at email@example.com – Please do NOT send them to me… I’m just the messenger!
Thanks on behalf of Brainshark, and I’ll be looking forward to reporting on results.